
JB and I stayed for the parade, and the teachers danced to a song for us again. As the theme for bookweek was READiscover, all the teachers rediscovered their childhood and danced to a Jackson 5 song...

...And these people teach my kid? (Caitlin's teacher is the guy in the blue beanie btw - I was startled to find out that he was actually older than me by 2 years. The guy looks like a baby!!)
Asha has totally confirmed herself as a thumb sucker, she will often try and keep herself asleep by shoving in the thumb. Cute but it makes me kinda cringe to see it. I hope she doesn't have the kind of issues with it that I did. Other than that, she is a total social child, loves a good chat and boy can that kid talk!! She tells the longest stories - so cute! She is also starting to amuse herself, will grasp a toy that you give her, and try and put it in her mouth, whacks at the toys on her rocker, can lift her head right up when on her tummy and the big one - CAN ROLL FROM FRONT TO BACK!! Thinks she is so clever when she does it, and tries to do it right from being put on her tummy now. Almost four months already - why does it have to go so fast? I'm enjoying her every day, but every day is flying by! Next thing I know, she will be in school!
Caitlin is still having perfectionist issues, having lost it in ballet on Wednesday when she had trouble with a new step. I'm hoping that it was largely a tiredness reaction (she and Terry watched the lunar eclipse together after a whole day excursion) but it bothered her teacher enough that Mrs Southgate requested a conference before jazz on Thursday. We just discussed ways to acclimatise Caitlin to the idea of doing new things and that she is not expected to get them right straight away and that she CAN ask for help instead of getting upset. I mean what more can I do?
Oh and I have been scrapping:
One for Asha's album
Savoy Street anzac brekkyCheers...



No comments:
Post a Comment