Friday, August 24, 2007

Projects

Just a little update on the tank installation. Terry spent last Sunday, with Caitlin's help, filling the base in with the newly delivered cracker dust. They played all afternoon in the rain and Terry was so proud of himself when he was done and had it all compacted.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then he went and checked out his handiwork on Monday in the rain with the kids - and this is what I found on the camera today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Been busy this week doing a whole lot of nothing. Funny how we long so much for rain and then once we have a day or so worth of it, we start asking for it to stop. Though, for those up the Sunshine Coast who have had hundreds of mm of rain and are being flooded out, I'm sure they have had enough. I'm just kinda over it at the moment, with the mounds of washing I am trying to get done, the dirt getting tramped in and out of my house all day, wrestling two kids and a baby in and out of the car, all the while trying to not lose one of them or bags or umbrellas... Well you get the picture. I feel such a twit sometimes rocking up to St Pauls, in my scruffy baby bus, with my three feral kids, hair everywhere (like my hair is ever any way but), clothes that are generally 4-5 years old (and this afternoon I did the pick up in no shoes - umah!). A lot of the mums are the ultragroomed sort - they either have a high powered glamourous job so it is hair make up and power suit. Or their hubbie has a high powered job and they are high powered trophy wives, in designer clothes and perfect make up. Ah well. I am not and never will be a super model, and with three kids my days of being organised are over.

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to Chrissy who is going through some scary medical stuff, thinking of you babe, and hope we get some good news soon. Catch you later all

1 comment:

Susan C said...

Give me a scruffy mum who will lend a hand from time to time when needed, over an ultra-glam mum for whom the event/activity that might need a hand conflicts with their beautician's appointment.

Forget the carpark mafia and just be happy to be you.