Sunday, August 05, 2007

Horses, ballerinas and birthdays

LAst Sunday, after the wedding we went out to Aunty Sandy's and Grants for a family brekky. Grant cooked bacon, Andy cooked eggs and we sat on the deck over looking the dry paddocks. Almost broke my heart to see how dry things are out there (just west of Toowoomba) - really drives home just how much this part of the state needs rain. The highlight for the kids of course, was when Sandy and Grant took them for a walk on Bobby. They loved this last year after Simon and Evita's wedding and again this year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We left with Caitlin just after that as we had to get her back to Brissie for her ballet mock exam. She and the other girls did really well, according to her teacher, and she was happy with Caitlin considering the short amount of time she had been dancing. The girls are so cute together - love watching them dance. Caitlin did well enough on her mock exam, Mrs Southgate was really happy and seemed so proud of the girls.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That day, though most people forgot ;), was my birthday. Good thing I don't put much stock in my birthday or I could have been really miffed. But the inlaws came back via our place with JB and we had Thai for dinner (so I didn't have to cook) and then mud cake and icecream for dessert (it's just not a birthday without cake :D).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So that was all good- and I got HP7 for my birthday though I haven't read it yet. I'm trying to finish my library books first. And to be honest, I have heard how it kinda ends so I am not in a rush. But anyway, the worst thing now is trying to remember that I am now 31 and not 30!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Look at that yummy cake too!! ALready said a happy birthday over at aussie but couldn't help leaving a message here too!

Love Chrissy x