Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Ekka Day everyone

Well we didn't go, but hey if you did, and didn't get sick out of it, well yay for you. I already have Caitlin asking when we can go, and dread the year when we can't reasonably put her off.

Today however was Caitlin's ballet exam. It was pre-primary level which is more a fun experience for them, and their teacher can go in with them which was good. The girls (group of 5) all did well, and all passed. Mrs Southgate was really proud of them, said they all did beautifully and we all got happy marks - Caitlin got all progressing or competent, which is where she should be for now, which I am happy with. I don't want her to be a prima ballerina, or a star, but to have fun, learn, grow and be healthy. In that, I think ballet is good for her, and it certainly makes her smile :)

This afternoon we trekked over to sweet Cassie's house for her last burthday ever ;) Caitlin and Joshua undid all of my good will towards them by pigging themselves on lollies (especially Caitlin - man has that girl got my sweet tooth!) and then going totally sugar high psycho in the car on the way home. It was nice to see Cass though, hadn't caught up for ages (don't you just love how life gets too busy to see friends who live in the same city?). Hopefully she will send me some of the pics that were taken as (bad scrapping mummy that I am) forgot to take my camera. Of course I was so caught up in this mornings dance stuff that I forgot my camera then too, but I will be getting some photos from one of the other mums.

Other news: we have first fruits!! I have had and enjoyed the first strawberry that our strawberry plants have produced and the kids shared the second. My goodness were they lovely, the scent alone from one berry was divine! Terry also sampled the first fruit from his tomato bushes and pronounced it good and tomatoey, but perhaps a little unripe yet. So we revise our picking philosophy on those, but hey there are heaps more coming! The tank installation is going slowly, with the border of one base dug out and bordered, the other dug out but needing to be bordered. Hopefully one more weekend and we will be ready to fill with crusher dust and will then be able to connect the darned things to the roof (God willing, we will get some rain to fill them too!).

Still coping well on the reduced meds, hope that once Asha lets me get a little more sleep (ie only wakes once for a feed and then back to her bed) I might be able to reduce them again for a spell. Have good days, when I am wonder-mum and can get everything done, super efficiently and in good humour. Of course I have other days when I feel like I am trying to drag myself through mud, but a nap usually fixes that. It's all good.

Oh and a quick congrats to my mum who has just moved into her new house. Mum spent 37 years in the one house that she and Dad built when they got married. Finally deciding that she had had enough she sold up and bought herself a new unit. I think it will be a really good move for her, and am glad she did it, for her sake. I keep trying to decide how I feel about mum selling my childhood home, and keep coming back to "It's her life, and her house, so good on her". I'm proud of my mum and I really hope that she is happy in her new house. Can't wait to see it though!

Anyway, will post pics next time, when I get some from people and some of my LOs from recently, when I get them off the camera.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Well done Caitlin. Sounds like you did just beautifully for your ballet exam sweetie!

So happy you had a wonderful time with our Cassie Michelle. I had to work today *sigh* wish I could have been there, so not fair. Was made even worse by the fact that Michael AND the munchkins of course were all home lounging around! How rude! ROFLMHO

Chrissy x