Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So Blessed

I have a great big thank you that I want to extend to the world and to God. I always had this feeling that Asha was a blessing beyond the simple blessing of having another child. However I wasn't really sure why I felt that or what that meant. Now I think I know at least part of it. I have always been a timid person, with a veyr low self esteem (long story, very boring one) and for a long time found it hard to ask for anything, to accept help, to be in the spot light (no matter the reason). However over the course of this pregnancy I have been forced to admit that I couldn't cope, when I was feeling sick ALL the time. That I needed to be looked after and that I had to ask for help. That I wasn't the strong capable person that I portray most of the time outside of the house. I had a rather public emotional crash at work and was forced to seek help then and there, and to admit that I had a problem in front of my workmates. I hated every bit of it. But I have been blessed through it all by being thoroughly spoilt and cared for by people and in places that I didn't expect to receive such treatment from. Firstly my boss and a couple of very special workmates put up with my pregnancy woes, and my depression without flinching. To be encouraged to look after myself and do what I needed to do with regards my mental and physical health at the time, was such a blessing, taking away the worry of being pressured to work more and "just deal with it". Then there are "the school mums". What an amazing group of ladies. They took on me and my pregnancy with an amazing vigour, and I was continually asked how I was, they were so excited for me, commiserated with me, and cared for me, with many offers of help if I needed it. The decision to throw me a baby shower was utterly delightful as I didn't have the strength to do anything about it myself, and though humbling, I was so thrilled to celebrate this baby with them. Since Asha's birth I have been inundated with flowers, cards and gifts for her, well wishes, visits; it has been an amazing outpouring of support for us and I sit here now feeling so utterly humbled by each and every gift, card, visit and positive word I have received.
So I just wanted to say thank you to you all. The tangible proof that I am not alone, the delight of being able to share Asha with you all has been the greatest blessing I could have imagined. Thank you for helping me celebrate her.

1 comment:

TB said...

I would like to second that, and add my thanks too to everybody who's been so supportive and gracious - with special mention to our own parents.