Sunday, May 06, 2007

A new day, a new life

She's here!! Of course most of you know that by now, but hey, she's here, I'm not pregnant anymore!! My Asha Rose was born at 6.11 am on May 3, after 2 hours and 10 minutes labour. It still seems pretty incredible to me that it was so fast. I ddid put in my request (tongue in cheek) for a two hour labour but i didn't really think I would get one!! It went all pretty much straight forward, and she did give us enough time to get to the hospital thank goodness!! She is the smallest of all 3 kids, weighing in at 6 pound 7 or 2910g, but I attribute that to her making me feel so sick so much that I couldn't really eat. Her hair is fine and very dark, with just enough in my opinion to give a good covering. After 3 days now her nose that made her look like a title-fighter when born has largely straightened out, but is still slightly crooked, so I guess she takes after me in that. Other than that, she's a Caitlin lookalike. Most of us agree on that, except that she doesn't have those gorgeous Brady eyelashes. Oh well, she will just have to resort to mascara.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




So she's pretty much perfect. My one concern right now is that she is so sleepy. I worry that my medication is affecting her, but I'm not sure how worried to be. Not every day that someone complains about their baby sleeping too much!! I know that I worry too much, but I guess I am just the type of mum who wants the best for their kids, and feels so stressed at the thought that something I am doing may be harming her.

Caitlin and Joshua are coping really well, impressively so. Caitlin is being quite lovely and just keeps asking to hold her. Josh is being his usual exuberant self, but also asking to hold her, asking questions about her etc. Just keep having to protect her from him with his energy abundance. But I think because Asha has been so peaceable the whole time they have seen her she hasn't freaked them out. And they have had plenty of attention from me since I have been home, and from their grandma, nana and daddy, so generally things have been good here.

I'm doing okay, prone to tire easily, a bit tender in places (obviously) and my boobs feel like they are going to explode, but generally in good health for 3 days postnatal. As Asha has been sleeping so much, I have been having to force feed her a bit to try and make sure she gets enough milk. Unfortunately I have gotten really good at making milk and so the boozies are solid atm, as they are producing faster than she is consuming. But we will get there.

My main reaction is Blessed am I among women, for God has gifted me with 3 unique, interesting, healthy children and I feel that it is 3 of the greatest gifts to be given.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

She's just so incredibly precious Michelle!! You are truly blessed love!!

Big Hugs!
Love Chrissy xx

Anonymous said...

i LOVE her name!!!

Susan C said...

She's beautiful and such a lovely name. Glad she is settling in well.