Tuesday, May 29, 2007

life goes on

So we are back in the swing of things. Mum went home a week ago, Terry is back at work and I am mum of 3. So far we are coping. The daily run to school Terry and I have been sharing as we can - if he is free and able to go he does, and sometimes he is able to take JB to kindy or pick him up on the way home. Asha is feeding really well and taking a lot less time about it too, which is great cause an hour or more feeding is something we can't affoord especially in the mornings. Caitlin and Joshua are coping really well with Asha's joining the family. Joshua is a little more cuddly and demanding, but hey that can just be him being busy turning into a 3 year old boy!! The other day it was particularly cute - Caitlin wanted to hold Asha so we set themm up on the couch. Asha was so content there that after a while she dropped off to sleep = and stayed that way! It's so nice to have a baby that I don't have to work so hard to put her to sleep. Asha has developed the ability to drop off whenever and whereever, which is so different to the other two, where I had to pat them for ages to get them to settle. Asha dropped off to sleep on the floor by herself the other day!

Of course its not all roses, as Asha had another of her choking episodes this morning. I was just getting ready to feed her when she vomited again and then couldn't clear her airways. I tried to suck out what was blocking her myself, but couldn't clear it, so there was another 000 call followed by the paramedics coming to suck her out, and then take us into the Royal kids this morning to get her checked out. Of course by then she checkedo ut just fine. So now we have to sleep her on her side, propped up. No lying on her back at all for a while to protect her. Since I was already doing that, it's not so hard. But I really hope she doesn't make a habit of this!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Have sent you an email love!! What a huge scare for you. Hugs to you both!

Love Chrissy x

DenimAngel said...

What a princess! That picture of Asha is gorgeous!
Sorry to hear she gave you yet another scare.
Susan

Leanne said...

your baby girl is so beautiful, it must be so worrying for you those choking episodes she is having...take care