Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's not hot enough to be January

Well the bulge is truly growing and I am pretty much in the maternity clothes. Thankfully, due to some handy shopping and some handy Christmas presents, I have some things that aren't too feral, so at this stage I can handle wearing them for the next 4 months. I can't believe that there is only 4 months to go. The first half of this pregnancy has been so boringly annoying, and now we are at the sprog kicking around gently stage. She's not a rowdy one like her big brother or sister, but she does pick the occasional time to have a good sqirm.

I have even started to clean out the room that is going to be the nursery. I have so many kids and baby clothes since I haven't gotten rid of anything of the kids unless it was truly trashed. I have gone through and sorted out some of the stuff that I wouldn't put on a winter baby girl and I already have a giant box full of clothes. Fortunately I know a few people having babies so hopefully these things can be passed on to a good home.

WE struggle on through the holidays. Terry is away for a huge chunk of this month (Alice Springs atm) and so I have mum visiting me for a while, Caitlin has had a sleep over at Dan and Crystal's (which she loved) and there is still more to go. I haven't started on the back to school stuff yet - St Pauls hasn't opened up again for that. But We'll get there (thank goodness)

Joshua started in his new room at kindy, and he loves it. ITs on the big side and of course, what does my boy do? Plays with the biggest boys he can find and attach himself to the male preschool teacher. Such a mans man, my little man.

So we are just relaxing and taking it pretty easy while it is still holidays. Caitlin is getting to stay up later, I am letting the housework slide a bit, still not scrapping, but at least I can see my desk again. It's all good. If only Terry wasn't having to travel so much this month, it would be truly a case of Summer time - and the living is easy.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

So glad to hear the morning sickness is much better Michelle and how lovely to be able to start sorting little bubba gear for when she??? (are they sure now since that last ultrasound??) arrives!!

So glad to hear your mum is helping out and staying with you and the kids while Terry is away. I know what it's like with your hubby being gone and pregnant on your own.
Take good care!
Love Chrissy xx

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that you're past the yucky stage. Enjoy the cooler weather while you can, I truely suffered last summer being pregnant with Mali. Enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Heiki