Friday, January 12, 2007

Pregnancy blahs

Well most of you know tha tI have suffered with depression since Joshua was born. I have been successfully medicated on a low dose since he was 10 months and figured it was a safe way to stay for this baby too. Well seems that my changing physiology ahs finally caught up with me and I crashed big time this week. Its been building for about a month and I had just been putting it down to pregnancy sucking, but when faced with having panic attacks at work (and most of you know how low stress my work is) I knew something was wrong. But hurrah for Queensland Health (don't hear that very often do you!). I had been referred to a mental health nurse because of my previous PND and within minutes of me walking over to maternity outpatients, I was seeing her and a psychiatrist. They were both really good and decided that it was just a result of my increased blood volume making my low dose of meds not enough for my system. So now I am on double dose and tired as - I just hope that the increase kicks in soon, cause my current mental state is all over the place!

Gearing up for the start of school. Bah, it's such a pain. I have to buy new shirts and probably shoes and socks for Madam as well as pick up the book pack and cover them all. Oh well next week.

Terry has been away for most of this week (what a rotten week for it!) in first Alice Springs and then Coffs Harbour. I am so lookking forward to him coming home. I know its awfully sappy for people who have been married for nearly 10 years but he is such an anchor for me, I just need him around when I am like this.

Caitlin is off on a play date with one of her Prep Blue friends and I have to pick her up in a minute. she was so excited at going, it is the first time she has been to this girls house for a one-on-one play. She has talked and talked about it for days!

It is so hot today, after weeks of high 20s. Hitting the low thirties is a shock. Hope I can sleep, cause my head hurts.

Well, enough dribble till next time I feel like doing this :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle. Hope you're feeling much better soon. Must be hard with hubby away. I'm dreading the back to school stuff, too. I pay DD Annika to cover the books for me. :)

Michelle B said...

heheh Good idea Heike, but mine isn't old enough to do anything but wants to help (everything takes so much longer and is a shocker of an end result!)

Michelle

cassandra cusack said...

hey Michelle

feeling a bit lost and lonseome myself atm
i know too well what it is like to have depression, Conor is away so if you feel like getting together for a movie or something
let me know

cass

Chrissy said...

Nah honey there is *nothing* wrong with missing and needing our hubbies when they are away otherwise that'd mean me too!! ;-) What an awful time for him to be away from you too. HUGS!
Hope the meds kick in for you really soon and you're feeling more like "you".

Chrissy xx