Well I have had more interesting Australia Days that is fairly certain. However this one beats all the rest for relaxation, which is more what I needed this year. After another sleepless night on Wednesday night, I couldn't face work again today (it's so hard to look down a microscope with your eyes shut) so stayed home. Terry's Mum was here to look after Caitlin for the day rather than sending her to Vac Care, so once I goodbye'd them and Terry had taken Joshua to daycare, I took myself back to bed. And I am not kidding, I slept from 9.30 till 4. It was so good! And yes, I did sleep that night too. I was surprised myself that I slept that long given the appalling heat here at the moment, but obviously I needed it. Today being a holiday we were all here and Terry was the only one of us with any get up and go today. He wanted to do more work on his study reno, so we all packed off to Bunnings (gotta love it) in my mini-mumsy-bus and whille Terry shopped for wood and shelves etc, Caroline and I had morning tea at the cafe and the kids played. Then after quiet time, Caroline took off with the kids, so we get a whole 24 hours without them!! Ah it's been so peaceful this afternoon! This evening I have cleaned, tidied and scrapbooked and flopped on my bed with a book. What an indulgence :D
It's been nice really, the kids have been driving me utterly nuts this week. Joshua mostly. He's a 2 year old boy, but way too smart for his own good. For example this morning, he was in trouble for something and sent to his room. Out of pure defiance, (he watched me the whole time) he stands in his doorway, pulls out winkie and wees on the floor. Oh boy did he get smacked for that one. One from me and then one from Daddy on the bare bum. So not impressed. So he's every minute pushing the limits at the moment, and sometimes I could just choke him. Other times, he grins at you and you love him to bits. Bah kids! Caitlin is just being Caitlin - she's a lazy, non adventurous perfectionist. Oh boy does that get me. And over sensitive to boot. I know she's just going through a phase, but having to deal with the whining and moaning and pouting from a 5 year old gets a bit much. Honestly she is 5 going on 12. On a positive note though, we have been doing a fair bit of swimming recently and are finally seeing the swimming lessons paying off - her confidence in the water is skyrocketing and to see her getting around without fretting every second is a delight. It's so nice to see her pleased to be mastering something that she has had issues with for so long.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment