Anyway, it was a lovely day, with a 1pm ceremony followed by a mammoth afternoon tea. I tell you, I nearly didn't need dinner cause the afternoon tea goodies were so GOOD! The couple had photos taken while we ate and mingled, and then they went off for more photos at the beach. Terry and I went and checked in to the motel where we were staying and I had a much needed lay down. My poor feet are so un-used to wearing high heels that too long in them (ie more than an hour) and they start to kill! Then we toddled over to the reception (which fortuitously was right across the road) for a lovely celebration dinner. Terry's dad was MC and kept everything running smoothly (with the exception of the flaky radio mic) and we ate and drank and chatted. Brittany was the ring bearer and she looked utterly stunning in her purple dress and her hair all in curls. Hard to believe she is only 7! The only down point was that it was so cold! The venue was right on the water and my shawl was totally not cutting it in keeping me warm! It would have been nice to have the heaters on, and I'm stil not sure why they weren't. It was fun, even though I was quite tired by the end. I just love weddings! Fionna was a lovely bride and appeared so composed - until she spoke. I can so totally relate to the whole choking up over the vows thing etc. It might have been 10 years ago, but I can remember doing that myself! Anyway, the pics were good too.





No comments:
Post a Comment