I received news tonight that has shocked me greatly. As some of you may know, I belong to an on-line scrapping group called AussieLayouts. This is an increasingly close knit group of women and we share a lot - aggravations, proud mummy moments, joys and tears. Today we shared our first tragedy.
Little Rani Millar was born just over a year ago with the condition biliary atresia. It is an inflammatory process that leads to the closure and disappearance of the biliary system. Ultimately the cure is a liver transplant. Today Rani ran out of time waiting for hers. Along the way we have shared (through Mel's blog in the end) every step of Rani's journey. WE cheered the fight that she made and we prayed and we cried for John and Mel and their other two children as they struggled along with Rani.
The only thing that could have saved Rani was a liver transplant. It sounds horrible, but someone else's passing may have saved that little girl. My family know how strongly I feel about this, and if the circumstances dictate, I wish to be an organ doner. If I have passed, I don't need my organs any more and I may help save someone like Rani. I urge you to think hard about becoming an organ doner. Think about how you would feel if you were in Mel and John's shoes right now. I know I do. And if you decide to do it, tell your family. Tell your doctor. Tell your solicitor. Don't leave it till it is too late. It's now too late for Rani.
My thoughts are with you and your family, Mel and John. I don't have the words to give you any comfort. I so wish I did.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You have beautifully articulated what I wanted to say about organ donation. Thankyou!
Post a Comment