Friday, September 01, 2006

Too much stuff.

Boy what a week. Last week my grandfather died after a long battle with dementia. I know dementia doesn't kill people, but it does make it very difficult for a sufferer to explain that they are in pain and need to see a doctor. So the way-overdue diagnosis of liver cancer was delayed until his final hours.

Kerryn flew up on Saturday morning and she and I drove up to Bundaberg in my car. It was so weird being there (being ANYWHERE) without the kids. I had no idea what to do with myself half the time. But I have to say, it was the most satisfying family experience I have had with my family in years. Every one really pulled together for Nanna's sake, and the togetherness was so satisfying. WE had dinner with all of the family two nights in a row, (Kerryn and I cooked a YUMMO recipe of hers), morning tea with more family and then of course the funeral thing. That was too emotional to comment on really, but hey its all part of life. Just not my favourite part.

Poor Terry however, while I was away was coping with the amazing vomiting/pooing boy. Joshua developed a severe bout of gastro and even scored a trip in an ambulance to the kids hospital after a febrile convulsion. He got left with Caroline for the day when Terry drove up to Bundaberg for the funeral, and we came back Tuesday night. I had hoped that he would be better by then, but no, the pooing and the vomiting continued. So no work for me Wednesday. which was just as well since I had to take Kerryn to the airport for a 1.10pm flight anyway.

Kerryn Joshua and I ment a friend of Kerryn's at Chermside for coffee on Wednesday morning. I had some success at shopping coming home with a new swim top and a tie for Terry to wear to the formal weddings coming up. And then after dropping Kerryn at the airport, we came home only to have Joshua vomit everywhere again. (Sigh) Easily one of the worse tasks of motherhood is cleaning up vomit. Oh and diarrhoea. Thank goodness for napisan is all I can say.

I tried going to work yesterday but thhat was a bit of a fizzer when I had to leave to get Joshua whose bum had exploded yet again. (He has clearly been saving it up while I was away)

The recent rain was lovely but not very satisfying. All in all this has been a totally exhausting week and I really am looking forward to a boring weekend with nothing to do but housework and maybe alittle painting. Think it will happen? No me neither.

One of my favourite LOs recently, a photo of Joshua taken at a recent birthday party



  

No comments: