Friday, September 08, 2006

Fancy family

Tonight was Caitlin's first fancy dress ball at St Pauls School. It was very cute I have to admit. Even though there was an open invitation for parents to dress up as well, Terry and I wussed out and went in civvies. I hired Caitlin and Joshua's costumes as I figured I would be paying way more to buy them one each. Caitlin had her heart set on a fairy dress and though I was frankly a little bored with her fairy fixation (she still squeezes into her size 4 fairy dress that she got last Christmas), what else is a good mumma to do but get her girl a fairy dress? I'm glad I did too, as there were way more princesses there (that was my other option) and she was really one veryc ute fairy. And Joshua was a baby bumble bee. I know there is a poem out there about catching a baby bumble bee, but hey, who would squish this kid? Every where we went we were getting comments about how CUTE he was and an older girl (who was also dressed as a bee) asked if she could have her photo taken with him. He was rather over it by the time we left (at 8) and crashed not long after getting home. Caitlin also flaked pretty quickly. It was a very nice night. And funny to see the teachers dressed up mediaeval style too!

Any way enough with the teasing, I know you want photos!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: