Sunday, November 09, 2008

Some cute pics

We had Caitlin's big end of year dance concerts yesterday. A huge day! This is the event that they have been working towards for a large portion of the year, and putting in HEAPS of hard work. It was a thoroughly enjoyable concert, with Caitlin dancing ballet, jazz and theoretically hiphop. I say theoretically as she MISSED THAT DANCE. We were watching and when her hiphop "crew" came on, we searched for her and couldn't find her. Even one of the girls who was partenered with Caitlin for a few moves was obviously saying "where is she?" during the dance. I was really worried by the end of the dance (had she fallen? Was she ill?) so raced out and down backstage. To find that she had been sitting in the corner of the room where the girls her age were getting changed, playing someones nintendo DS. SO NOT HAPPY! I couldn't believe that the "helpers" that were entrusted to that group of 7 year olds stuffed up so adly as to not even realise that she should have been on stage. Needless to say, since I helped back stage for the evening performance, I made sure she got on stage for all of her dances. And they even let me watch from the wings cause I missed her earlier on. Terry and I were so proud of her - we both got teary watching her dance. And to top it all off, she got some recognition in the awards at the end of the concert - a certificate of merit for progress in ballet! Go Caitlin!!

A few recent pics for you (yeah you Jan!).

Photobucket

Asha's first pigtails - she was so cute, but really wasn't impressed with me for doing it!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Playing dress ups - Joshua's costume was all his idea, and Terry and I nearly wet ourselves laughing when he appeared like this. But Asha makes a super cute little witch. Caitlin dressed her up :)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Asha being super cute (again - sensing a theme here?) playing with her Teddy. She was dancing with him, then kissing him, and then chasing mummy and the camera.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




She's becoming little miss independent too recently. The latest skill to master is feeding ourself, and she has decided that it's on for one and all. LOVEs feeding herself and if I take the spoon to (heaven help us!) help scoop up the small remnants in the bowl, she's all "NO! STOP!" Funny little bossy pants.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




We also had a go the other night at helping Mummy cook dinner. LOVED this too. Chucked a tanty when Daddy took her away to put her in the bath.

Anyway, that is enough for now. Since I was up all last night with Asha who appeared to have tummy pains from an overdose of baked beans, I'm pretty stuffed now. Terry has just gotten up, and Asha is now sleeping soundly, so I am going back to bed for a while now too. (In theory!) Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ta.for the update. Go Josh you look really COOOOL big boy! Did he do his own hair do? Yes it would have been scary not knowing where Caitlin was or wasn't.Asha will now really start being her own little independent self,the little baby will go now and a little "person " will be even more interesting. Love you all.Janxxxxxoooooo

Anonymous said...

How cut is Asha!!! I love toddlers....trying to throw their little weight around!!! Well in Arrans case...his big 13kg of weight!!! He is right into the feed yourself, brush your own teeth kinda phase...and while necessary...its so irritating!!! He does the exact same thing with the spoon...screams and say No! Whats with this will of their own caper!!!haha