Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A party weekend

This past weekend was a true indicator that the Silly Season has commenced. You know that whole too many parties, not enough time thing?

It started on the Friday. I was SUPPOSED to go over to Crystals house for a girls night, but when she and Seth both came down sick on Friday morning, it became a no go. So, as Dan and Will were going to have a boys night at the same time, I suggested Terry go out, as I couldn't. So he didn't come home from work, went and met the boys, watched a movie (the new James Bond, Quantum of Solace, which he said was okay) and then adjourned to Will and Sarah's where they played Guitar Hero World Tour on Dan's new Xbox 360. Apparently they had a ball. I am jealous, cause that night, Asha gave me a rotten night, keeping up me up with a sore belly. So of course we were both rather tired the next morning (which was when Terry got home btw).

Later that morning, David and Jenna dropped in to get a copy of the pics that I took at their wedding. They were just on their way home after their honeymoon and looked relaxed, happy and kinda tired. Just how you should look after a honeymoon ;) Then Terry's mum and dad came in, and Terry and Rod proceeded to gather all the cr@p that had accumulated around the yard, load up the trailer and do a much overdue dump run. Then there was a quick quiet time, and then the Savoy Street Christmas party commenced. There was chatting, kids playing and running amok, the obligatory Santa visit, drinking and relaxing. Caitlin and Joshua had a ball and they didn't want to come inside, they ended up being really late to bed. Not that that was our problem, as Terry and I left them all in the care of his mum and dad, (which Asha wasn't at all happy about), and went to the housewarming of a friend of Terry's, Ian Lister. He and his partner had bought an old Queenslander in Auchenflower (I shudder to think how much it cost!) and had been busy renovating it. They did a lovely job and it was a really nice evening, sitting on the deck, having a bbq, and catching up with old friends that we hadn't seen for a LONG time.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: