Saturday, November 17, 2007

Party party party

Well last weekend was a big one for us. It started on the Friday afternoon when I had to pick up Caitlin from school, take her to QUT Carseldine (where I haven't been since good old Yamaha FOM days) for her dress rehearsal for her dance concert. Got her dressed and organised and then left her there. Had to go back later to collect her and make sure we had everything.

Saturday dawned with swimming for Caitlin, followed by Joshua's first kinder gym. For ages everyone has been telling me (not that I didn't already know) that Josh should go and do gymnastics. (Honestly the kid could do perfect forward rolls at 2! I KNEW that he would love gymnastics). But I couldn't find a place/time that would work for me. However a bit of browsing online and I found that Sandgate PCYC has kindergym on Saturday mornings - Terry immediately volunteered to take him thinking that that would be great fun. And apparently the boys did have a good time, enjoying all the different activites that there were to do.

After Quiet time, I had to get Caitlin ready for the concert - hair and make up stage perfect. It took me about 40 minutes, but she was all good. Got her hair resembling a rock with piles of gel, and the make up went on a lot better than the first go. So off to the theatre again for her, and then I raced home to get myself and everyone else ready so we could head back. Loved the concert (though we had the worst seats - right up the back - I had to kneel on my seat and JB had to stand to see any of the floor work). The kids did a fabulous job, I was really quite impressed with some of them. Caitlin was adorable and while her group was rather all over the place (as one would expect from a group of 6 year olds) Caitlin did all of her steps right, and mostly at the right time and didn't fall over. So I was a rather proud mumma! I didn't manage to get a photo of her in her fishy costume, but I did get some after concert photos of her and JB in her Timon costume again, though she looks a little scary with her lippy everywhere.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On Sunday, the morning was grocery shopping for me while the kids played at home. Terry was looking for something to do in the morning, so I got him to dig me a garden bed beside the bbq area, that I can plant herbs in. I always used to have my herbs in pots, but now that we have a long term base here, I want a decent herb garden. Now I just have to get the plants to put in it!

After quiet time, we headed off to a park in Murrumba Downs for the Grade 1's social break up party. They had organised a "Professor Jellybean" party, and the definition of this was "Science fun". I'm not sure how scientific it all was, but the kids had fun, got to wear huge safety glasses and lab coats, and made slime and goo balls. What more do you need to entertain 6 year olds. Of course there was also playing in the park, and lots of food. Was a fun afternoon, even with the scattering of showers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This week has been a mostly quiet one, just getting the usual stuff done. It was Caitlin's 3rd last week of grade 1 - can you believe it! I can't get over how quickly this year has gone (particularly after Asha was born - the being pregnant part was so long!) And now there is only 6 weeks till Christmas.

Last night we walked to school for Caitlin's Junior school disco. It was from 5-6 and so we all wandered up (JB on bike and Caitlin on scooter). That was a lovely way to kill an hour or so. Caitlin went in and danced with her friends and Terry and I sat outside with other parents and chatted and had a drink and nibbles. Nice to be social, and get out of the house for a while. WE are all getting quite excited about our camping trip in two weeks, going to Mon Repos and camping with 3 other school families. I think it will be a great time - certainly great for the kids to have others to play with all day for a week. And good for us to have social time with other parents too. Even though they are all so much older than us! Terry and I are such an anomaly with being only 31!

And to close a cute photo of Asha - she didn't want to go to bed one morning, so I laid her on the floor. After a while of rolling around and growling, she took herself off to sleep on my pillow on the lounge room floor!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

OH I love all your piccies Michelle. So CUTE!

cassandra cusack said...

love all the photos Michelle, so pleased your having some fun socialising