Bah I'm having a low energy day. Last night was a late one and this morning (courtesy of Asha) was an early one. I'm sitting here reading through the barrage of election coverage and trying to convince myself to do some housework. And failing :)
Last night we had our street Christmas party. Why so early? Well it's fairly hard to co-ordinate a street full of families as we enter the silly season - some of us have our weekends all booked up till christmas so last night was the most popular. Well, it was the one that was decided upon anyway. We all had a pretty good time anyway. Late afternoon gathering for drinks and nibbles, followed by the regular visit by our friendly neighbourhood Santa which is always a big hit with the kids. (Thanks Paul!) All the kids are always excited to get their Santa presents and Caitlin, who got a hooded princess beach towel, proceeded to wear hers for the rest of the evening! JB loved his books and insisted that I read them to him first thing this morning (he got three of the the Thomas the tank engine series) and Asha was fascinated by her wiggling giggling toy. Of course there was much sugar, and for the grown ups much alcohol. Given the auspicious day that was, there was also much talk about politics which got certain neighbours rather hot under the collar. Terry was giving us regular updates courtesy of the ipod touch in his pocket and some of the lads were quite impressed by that little gadget, so spent a while playing with that too. The kids ran around, played hide and seek, rode bikes, scooters and skateboards, and after dark played with glowsticks galore. It was so funny to not be able to see the kids, but for their many bangles, belts, and glowing anklets! We chatted and drank until 11.30 when I decided that enough was enough and went home. I think things wound up not too long after that. Of course I was up with Asha at 5, so today I am pretty weary.
I have to wish my dear sweetheart a happy birthday for Friday. Terry turned 31 on Friday but it was a quiet one. He's not really into birthdays atm, but we had impromptu drinks with the neighbours in the late afternoon and then Jenelyn and Brittany came over for dinner and wildberry baked cheesecake (Terry's birthday cake of choice - he doesn't like cake, but what is a birthday without cake!?) I gave him a new pair of dress shorts and a book by one of this favourite authors at the moment.
Next week is Caitlin's last week of school and of course is going to be a busy one. On Tuesday she and her dance school are putting on a mini concert in the PE centre for the students, so Caitlin has an early morning rehearsal, followed by a lunch time concert (they are performing their fish ballet dance fromt he concert). Then in the afternoon the years 1-3 are putting on a Christmas concert so we will be back at the school with an afternoon tea picnic to watch them all perform. Ah the fun of being a parent! On Thursday she has her dance school break up party instead of a jazz lesson, and on Wednesday we get to watch the concert DVD instead of having a ballet lesson. Of course that leaves Friday which is a half day anyway. Then it will be packing up and all systems go to head up to Bundaberg and be ready for our camping holiday. I so cant wait.
I'm not going to discuss politics here, as a I am a passionate believer that politics is a mugs game, but I will state that a certain member of my family is pleased to see the change of government, but we will be watching carefully to see the fallout. I'm such a cynic about politics, I just want to whack them all in the head and tell them to get over themselves and just get on with fixing stuff. So I'm not really political one way or another. I think they all suck :)
Anyway, I haven't downloaded my pics fromt he camera yet, but I will do so, and put up some party pics soon. MWWWAAAAHH
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh I love street Christmas parties! We have the loveliest time at ours. Being in a cul-de-sac we take up the whole end outside our house, bbq and do Secret Santas. So fun!!
wow Michelle i get exhausted reading all you did this week, hope you have a great camping trip
um and i'm with Terry on the gov't change
Post a Comment