Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More December daily pics

Monday - a bowl of the fudge I made. I usually don't bother making the Christmas "goodies" that people like to have, for a couple of reasons. One is that I find trying to cook around small children (and I'm thinking Asha here) is PAINFUL. Another is that others usually make the sort of things that I would attempt so mine wouldn't be really needed and so would come home and I would eat it (cause the other fussy pants in my house don't like that sort of stuff). So usually I just let it slide. This year, I came a cross this recipe for "Cheat's chocolate fudge" and thought I would try it. The disclaimer was fool-proof and yummy - and I have to say I agree!
Photobucket

Tuesday - I went out for lunch today with some of the girls that I have made friends with at playgroup. The occasion was that 2 of them have birthdays this week and we decided that we should celebrate them rather than let them slide into the craziness that is the week before Christmas. Nikki's birthday was yesterday and Julie's is tomorrow.
Photobucket

Well 2 more sleeps and I'm super organised. All the presents are wrapped and tagged. The food that I need to take is bought, and the salad is just waiting for me to make it. The house is getting cleaned tomorrow. I'm not packing to go away until Boxing Day morning. I mowed the lawn this morning and organised for our neighbour to feed "the girls". Of course, next year this super organised thing will probably go down the gurgler, but this year, I'm all good :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Want the recipe PLEEEEASE!!!!! Thankyou for the updates Love See you up here Jan.

Michelle B said...

Recipe is

2 x 250g chocolate
1 tin condensed milk
50g unsalted butter

Melt and mix over a pot of boiling water then pour into a tray and chuck it in the fridge :)