Yesterday Caitlin got thoroughly treated on holidays. She had slept the night at Ysabelle's and then Kerryy-Anne took her and Ysabelle to see "Horton sees a who", which she loved. Birch Carrol and coyle had 8am sessions for $8 which Kerry-Anne and I agreed was a bit of a bargain. Then after I dropped JB off at kindy, we all went into town and took the girls for high tea, which was very swish. It was at one of those glamourous little boutiques in the city that I am generally not game to venture into (generally WAY out of my price range to even consider). The girls had a lovely time and it was nice to have a bit of a "girly" lunch, though I must admit it was the most over priced ham sandwiches I have come across!
After that we took the kids across to the GoMA to the Andy Warhol exhibit. Not to the actual exhibit itself but they had a children's area, with half a dozen activities for kids to do. There was drawing (inspired by certain pictures), box construction, a photo booth area where you caoul have your pic taken in the 4 colour Andy Warhol signiture style (which I pointed out to Terry could well have been achieved using Photo Booth on the mac) and you could also have your "15 seconds of fame" where you could jump infront of a camera and be filmed, and then be played back "film style" on the wall. The best thing as far as the kids were concerned was the silver clouds - think huge cask wine bladders (about 1.5m x 1m) filled with a helium mix and in a 2 story room. You could go in and push these floating pillows around as they dropped and swirled. We left there after a while (time was running short and so were tempers - oh my can two 7 year olds bicker!) and went back to the car via the Art Gallery where we wandered looking at the paintings, but the girls loved the silver balls. Dragging them away from this was a challenge!! And then is was home itme. We were all plenty tired by then, and Cailtin and I went and picked up JB.
Not much planned for the rest of the holidays, but I'm sure I'll think of something. Nothing so fancy as that though, I'm not up to that sort of thing twice in a week! Pics later, I haven't downloaded from the camera yet :)
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment