Friday, January 11, 2008

More sewing goodness

A number of girls over at SoF have been really getting into sewing lately, and the particular project has been making modern cloth nappies (MCNs). Some of these are so cute made with all sorts of gorgeous prints and snaps or velcro. We used cloth nappies with Caitlin and Joshua, but with Brisbane's water issues this past year, we made the decision to conserve water and use disposables. (The lesser of two evils ;) Well with all the rain that we have been getting, as well as haivng our tanks connected to our laundry, has prompted us to go the cloths again. I got rather inspired looking at some of the nappies that Natti made, and so I just got out my terry squares, folded them into my favourite fold and sewed them down. They aren't as pretty as Natti's, but I love them anyway! I couldn't really justify buying more fabric to make the pretty ones when I had all these terry squares, and I feel better about using them rather than disposables. They are so much easier to put on Asha, and since they are sewn down, they aren't as bulky on her either. And they sit so much better. We still use a snappy nappy to hold it on, and pilchers over the top, and I am so pleased! Now I just have to do more.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Well done sweetie! You girls are oh so clever with your MCNs!!!

Susan said...

Go the MCNs!! We are totally into cloth here but I've bought lots of cool boy ones for Kaiden. Although now he has learnt how to do velco so we are mostly using ones with snaps.
You can buy so many pretty ones for girls it would be hard to resist.
Susan S