Monday, January 14, 2008

I went to a crop!!

I haven't been a terribly social scrapper, being the shy type. I went to SWIG once and loved it, but am not sure when I will be able to go back, what with Asha being so little and all. But the lovely girls at SoF organised a crop day when one of the girls from WA came to Qld for a visit. We gathered at a church on the southside (organised by the wonderful Kerryn) and had a lovely day cropping and chatting. It was great to meet some of the girls that I have been chatting with for a while, to see the gorgeous Chrissy and Natti again, to scrap with friends and to see all the bubbas together. It was so funny having Lani Mardon caterpillar creeping around on the floor growling!! And I got to hold Amy's 4 week old Amalia - oh my goodness she was so small. I had forgotten how small and delicate that newbies can be cause Asha is such a boofer now.

Photobucket

I had to admit to being nervous as to start with and even considered piking at the last minute, but didn't and was so glad that I didn't. I'm not so good at making friends, but am making a concerted effort to do it! I even got some scrapping done!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Topped off the day with a fabulous home made lasagne dinner with the Blackmores (man can Dave cook!) - life was good... :D

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh honey you should not have been nervous, it was just us!! I'm so very glad you came, I loved having your familiar face there too. :-) Hugs!

Asha is SUCH a sweetheart Michelle, of all the littlies she gave me the biggest hugs, smiles and giggles, tooooo adorable for words, what a little blessing she is! :-)

cassandra cusack said...

i'm Jealous! no Asha cuddles for me, i'm so pleased you had a nice time and you shouldn't be shy look at all the people you met at my place last year