Yesterday we had his party, just a little afternoon tea with some family and friends. A couple of Caitlin's school friends came, so Joshua and Caitlin had fun running around with them and eating and checking out Joshua's new toys.

Joshua loved his presents, and well and truly enjoyed opening them. He got some spunky new clothes, including a pair of skeleton pjs that glow in the dark! Hope they don't scare him like the CF bulbs that we have do! The hits of the day definitely seem to be his car racing track from Nana and Grandad, and his chainsaw from Alicia and Matt. Yes you read right - my 3 year old has a chainsaw! It's so funny to see him wandering around with this tiny buzzing saw.

He even seemed pleased with his car cake that I made. It was good fun to make and so easy too. It was a hit too, most of it went yesteday.

This morning he got his gifts from us, (Happy feet on DVD) "Cars" plates cups lunch box (which is currently full of cars) and a Dr Seuss computer game from uncle David. Unfortunately he started this morning with the vomits, I think as a follow on of the little virus he has been fighting for the past few days. He seems okay now, was just complaining of feeling sore this morning and then up came the drink of water he had just had. But he now seems to want food so he must feel better. Poor little man, he really felt awful this morning. What is it with the men in my family and being sick on their birthday?
Had to include this pic of Asha that Terry took of Asha yesterday. We were busy organising stuff for the party, and terry';s mum Caroline was looking after Asha (who was refusing to sleep) and distracting the other two, while I cooked and Terry cleaned. Caroline put Asha down on Caitlin's bed, and she went off to sleep there - so cute, little tiny baby in a big bed.

She is growing well, has got the most gorgeous smiles going on all over. She had her first shower with Daddy yesterday and seemed not at all phased by it, seeming to find it all quite interesting. And on Thursday night, a momentous occasion, she slept from 10 till 5.30. Of course she hasn't done it since, but hey even one night is a blessing.
Since I feel like I was cheated of Joshua's babyhood, I am totally making sure I enjoy every moment of Asha's, knowing it's my last chance. Every time I find myself wishing I could have a break, I mentally smack myself and remind myself that this is my last chance, and wishing it away will mean that it will go and I will miss out. I wish I could have done the same with JB, but that is how depression works sadly. If you, or anyone you know suffers from PND, support them all you can, and encourage them to get treated - cause there is nothing sadder than missing out on the joy that your baby (and other kids) brings to your life, by being depressed.



3 comments:
happy birthday to JB - i love your honesty about PND - big hugs and i am here if you ever need me...if you just need someone to slap....lol
Oh wow happy birthday big boy!! Josh's cake is awesome Michelle, bet he loved it!!
Every moment of Alex's babyhood I tried to cherish I knew he would most likely be the last and alomst 11 years later looks like that was right. *sigh* Doesn't Asha look so pretty and snuggly in her cute outfit too.
Hugs sweetie!
Love Chrissy x
Hi Michelle
I loved the cake and the photo of Joshua cutting it with the chainsaw also Asha asleep on the bed she is so gorgeous. Yes you can miss out on so much when you dont feel well make the most of every day
Love Mum
Post a Comment