I have a strange relationship with this day. It's nice to be acknowleged for all the crap that you do, and put up with, but I know (from memory) how little kids really appreciate what their mothers do, probably until they become mothers themselves. So I do think that it is all a great big commercial-fest, and blah blah. That said, I did get some sweet gifts, but the pancake breakfast was the best part (you know, I'm not one for gifts, but DO something for me, and I get that!).
Since Terry's mum was staying with us (after the engagement dinner) and was going to have lunch with her mum later, she suggested a trip to the park to kill a few hours in the morning. So we did. We packed up a big of morning tea, and took off to pine rivers park which is a great big park just minutes from our place. The kids had a ball I must say. Its not often that we all go to places like that together so it was really nice to see Terry having fun and PLAYING with Caitlin and Josh. It's pretty hard for me to PLAY with them when I take them to the park as I always have Asha to drag around too, so the older two really got into having one of us there to get around and get silly with. They played hide and seek in the hedge maze, climbed, swung, spun around and got dizzy and mucked arond on the flying fox. Asha enjoyed being outside, and is starting to get into the spirit of park play too, having a go on some of the more baby friendly activites. Though I have to say that her vomiting down the slippery slide is one of her more feral achievements!










2 comments:
Your family play time at the park for Mother's Day sounds wonderful Michelle. So blessed to have your loved ones with you on such a special day.
Hugs!
Chrissy x
Just want to know what molecule of what thing is Terry trying to reinvent?
Post a Comment