Monday, December 17, 2007

More update-y goodness

So after the big holiday (which involved lots of washing of sand out of stuff - did I mention that I now hate sand with a passion?) we were back to normal land with a thump. Terry had a major presentation to prepare and deliver on the Monday after we were back, so he was straight onto the computer (sigh!) and I did all the unpacking etc. Terry headed off to Sydney on Sunday night and so the kids and I went to the Christmas panto that Westside CCC put on. It was a fabulous show. They have a LOT of very talented people in that church and I was totally blown away by the fact that Mark and Bea Blackmore conceived and wrote the whole thing, with some very capable collaboration by the rest of the creative types at the church. They turned the auditorium into a forest, Bea wrote the script and produced it, Mark took care of all the music and directed. It was called "Christmas in Gibling Hollow" and was a great time for all. The kids seemed to enjoy it too.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




*Monday saw us head off to playgroup which is always a sanity saver for me - gotta love playgroup.

*Tuesday Caitlin and I headed off the shops to tackle a bunch of Christmas shopping. We also had a nice girly morning tea and went to the library to stock up on books for the holidays. Caitlin is such a voracious reader that I think that she has finished the 6 chapter books already. So I think another trip to the library is on the cards for this week

*Wednesday was the playgroup break up party. We headed off to Scallywags (a play cafe) and the kids had a ball romping all over the crazy maze while I sat with Asha, drank coffee and chatted. I have made some great friends at playgroup, in particular Julie, who is the most wonderfully down to earth realist supportive woman known to man. I guess with four rough and tumble boys, she would have to be :) So I am going to miss the outlet of playgroup for the next 6 weeks - it was a great place to go to de-stress and let JB in particular run ragged for a while.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




* Thursday Caitlin and I finished off the Christmas shopping at Westfield and just by being at the right place at the right time, Caitlin got to join in on Mrs Claus Morning Tea party, where she got given a doughnut and a juice and then joining in on some carol singing and dancing, which she enjoyed. Caitlin has been wondering this year about whether Santa was real or not, but i think the urge to imagine had got the better of her and she has become caught up in the magic of Christmas again. While we don't actually promote Santa in our house, we do aim to make Christmas a magical time for the kids, enjoying the decorations, lights and music etc as well as the gift giving part. So whee, for being finished the Christmas shopping, all I have to do now is gather the food stuffs that I have to have for Christmas, but that is a this weekend job.

*Friday the kids and I spent a few hours at the pool after JB's swimming lesson. Shame on me, I forgot the suncream and JB in particular got a dose of sunburn. But the kids had a ball, and Asha and I even ventured in for a bit of a splash. Man that girl loves to splash!!

The weekend has been a quiet one, Terry and i were so tired and over everything that we just wanted to do nothing. So there was a lot of lazing around, easy going play with the kids etc. Saturday night we headed to friends for an early BBQ and a late chat, which was lovely. The kids were actually really good, we put them down for a sleep and after a couple of strong words they actualy went to sleep! So us grown ups were actually able to have some peace and quiet which was great.
Terry also finished putting up the net around the kids trampoline which they got a little early as their big present from us. Rather than stuff around with delivery and then try to hid it somewhere we let the kids know that they were getting a trampoline from us for Christmas (for all 3 of them) and they have been having a ball bouncing around. I must say I am rather glad that we have one with a net, cause the number of times my heart has been in my mouth watching JB bounce around... Oh boy.

So we are on the count down week till Christmas (have just informed Caitlin that it is one week till Christmas eve!) and another week of keeping the kids busy. Just wanted to send quick hugs to my friend Chrissy - hope you are able to relax a bit this week lovey, and hey 7 sleeps to go!! Hope you all don't have too much busy-ness this week cause hey there is only 8 days till the big day! MWAAHH!!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Awwwww! Thanks for the hugs sweetie, right back at you!! :)

Love looking at how much your kiddies are growing and changing, wow Miss Asha is getting soooo big! What size is she in now??

BTW I hate sand too after camping, it somehow manages to get into *everything* doesn't it. LOL I'm definitely counting down the days, Christmas for me starts the day before. :D