Monday, October 01, 2007

All over, red rover

Well the holidays are over for us and we are back into the swing of things already. Just a quick recap of the past few days...

Friday was mum's 60th birthday. 60 sounds so old somehow, but my mum doesn't seem it. So I have decided that that can't be right and she must be only 50. Of course that makes me only 21, so it is a win win situation. Anyway, for her birthday we gave her a digital camera. I decided that it was about time she joined the digital revolution so we bought her a nice simple basic Canon A460. Didn't want to freak her out with anything too complicated after all :D She was kinda wary of it to start with I think, but has spent the last few days playing with it, every chance she gets, so I think she likes it.

That morning mum and I took the kids to Moora Park at Shorncliffe to meet Julie, Nathanial and Ryan from playgroup. The kids had a blast playing together in the park, having morning tea and having a swim. Asha stayed with mum and they had a good cuddle and chat while Julie and I watched the kids swim.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That wore us all out for a few hours, and that nigt we took mum out to Sizzler (needed somewhere kid friendly) for dinner. That was rather nice to get out and not have to cook. Of course the kids spent the next couple of days asking if we can go again!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday was swimming for Caitlin and then the kids spent the rest of the mmorning helping Terry fill the tank base with crusher dust. Mum and I did the groceries in the afternoon and Terry spent the rest of the day reading as a chill out before packing for heading OS.

Sunday saw Terry packing for travelling to SF and then I took him off to the airport. We stopped and had a coffee together before he went off and I went home. That was nice - it;s not often that we get a chance to just stop and be together and say hi (life's like that with 3 kids), so we took advantage while we could. He was thrilled to get his business class upgrade and apparently had a pretty good flight. Sunday afternoon saw Mum, the kids and I just hanging out, kids playing in the street with the neighbours, playing with Asha etc. Pete from over the road turned his sprinkler on for a bit of a joke and encouraged JB to run through it. Of course Caitlin was not to be left out and I took home 2 very soggy children!

Today Caitlin was back to school after the rest of us had a very early morning courtesy of Joshua. I walked Caitlin to school while Asha slept and JB played computer, and mum stayed home. We had vague plans to go out to the park, but we ended up staying home and playing in the yard. I expressed some milk and decided to try Asha on some baby rice. For a baby who is only 4 months old, Asha is incredibly interested in food. She vocally protests when I eat and she doesn't and tiny tastes of some of the things that I eat just aren't enough. Although she doesn't seem to be hungry, she just wants to try it. So I tried her on some farex - the answer was that she seemed thorough unimpressed. She kept coming back, but her face was priceless. After a while she wasn't even going to come near the spoon. Oh well, I will try again in a few days :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And just playing with Asha and the camera.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Happy birthday to your mum Michelle! Love the happy family piccies and wow look how much little Asha has grown.

The state schools here (and my older kids private ones too) still have one week to go, I didn't realise there were other schools going back this week (have to admit I'm kinda glad to have one more week to rest up! ) I'm sure your little girl will be having fun catching up with her friends. :-)

Love and hugs
Chrissy xx