Friday, August 18, 2006

Sports Day

Well today was the Junior School Athletics Carnival at St Pauls. In an attempt to be a good mum, I decided to go, since Caitlin was unhappy that I had missed cross country earlier in the year. I found myself getting strangely emotional as I watched the goings on - probably a hang up from the many years I had to go to such things and HATED them with a passion. All of a sudden I found tha tI just wanted to hug my girl simply cause she was having a go. I felt so blessed by her innocent enthusiasm for an event that I had come to view as unnecessary torture. It's amazing the things that having kids teaches you. Caitlin ran her 50m race with enthusiam and was duly awarded an "I wa a good sport"{ ribbon which I thought was a lovely idea. How nice for all the kids to have a ribbon rather than just a select few. Unfortunately it was unseasonably hot today, so halfway through their mini-Olympics Caitlin faded and I walked her off to the shade in tears. She picked up after a few drinks of water and a rest in the shade but I decided that enough was enough and we left, Caitlin with snow cone in hand.



  


My special girl, thank you for your enthusiasm for life!

No comments: