Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let's go bowling!!

Last Saturday Caitlin got to have a little party with a few friends and go 10 pin bowling.

I wish I had been there. Sadly, the Friday night before, I was putting together party bags when I realised that something wasn't right in the state of Michelle. From there, things went rapidly south (no pun intended) and I ended up with a rather virulent case of gastro and vomiting all night. Needless to say, the next day I wasn't in any state to throw a party, (I was even still throwing up just before Terry and kids left). So it all landed on terry's shoulders to facillitate.

Thankfully, I had done the bulk of the organising, but it did mean that, even though I had cooked the cake the night before, Terry had to ice it. He's never iced a cake in his life, so I have to say with that as a starting point, he did a darned good job. He bundled off with Caitlin and Joshua, cake and party bags to the bowling alley, leaving me huddled up in bed, feeling very sad and sorry for myself.

Once they got there there was a minor issue that the bowling place had no idea they were coming, having lost my booking. But, they rallied and got the game under way.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




A good game was had by all but the most surprising news is that out of a 10 year old, 9 year old, 3 8 year olds and a 5 year old, it was Joshua, the 5 year old who won the game. Caitlin was a bit miffed cause she was pipped by 2 points by her little brother. Of course she got over that, they ate, had cake, and opened presents. Terry's icing efforts must have been okay, cause a fair bit of the cake was gone when they got home. Caitlin was very impressed with her haul of presents too, by and large all Littlest Pet Shop toys, her current favourite thing.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




I'm glad that everyone apparently enjoyed themselves, but oh, I'm so sad that I had to miss it.

No comments: