Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Get a long little doggie...

As part of the holidays, I decided that we needed to get away for a bit. Had been thinking about a farm stay for a while, so I finally found one (courtesy of the Brisbane's Child mag) and we headed up to The Animal Farm @ Maleny. We had a 2 bedroom cabin for 3 nights. And I have to say I think it was a huge success. The kids had fun, Terry had fun and we all did things that we haven't done before!

WE travelled up there on Wednesday afternoon - it would have been lunchtime, but I came down with a migraine the night before which had me feeling vile for the whole day. Some how, we got packed and on the road. only to have JB crying for a part of the trip cause he wante his new bike!! Of course we couldn't fit that in the car, so we just had to keep going. Anyway we got there and the kids weren't terribly impressed (they aren't used to occupying themselves and being outside all the time!) and I was feeling gross and Terry was freaking out that I had meningitis (thanks for that suggestioin Jan!). Somehow we got through the afternoon and evening (it was a lousy night for me, but fortunately it all passed by about 4am) and up we got for 7.30am start to activities. C and J were being really sooky to start with, were afraid of feeding the horses, didn't want to have a go on milking the cow but by the time the animals were all fed and they were being led around on the horses, I think that they started to warm to the adventure. WE had a tractor ride and then were free to amuse ourselves for the rest of the day. I of course was tired after my crappy night so went and had a quiet time with Asha while Terry let the other kids watch a DVD on the computer and then got them occupied collecting firewood for an outside fire. I got up to find that Terry had built a camp fire outside and the kids were having fun playing with sticks and the farm dog Freddie who decided to come hang out with us for the afternoon. And so the few days went - feeding the animals, riding horses, tractor ride, playing outside, kicking the ball, going for walks around the farm...
Terry had fun playing with the fire (inside and out) and it was lovely to just be able to kick back and read books in the evening in front of the fire. It must have been a hit, cause we were all sad to go home!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Wow!! What an awesome family fun holiday for you guys! Such a shame you were feeling so icky with a migraine (you poor darlin) I hope you are doing better with it now?

Gorgeous piccies. Makes me want to have a little mini hol too and go and visit my MIL up that way.