For our anniversary, MIL and FIL very generously took the kidlets in hand and Terry and I went away for 2 nights. We didn't go far, given the time frame and pregnancy and finances etc. We chose the Rydges resort at Caloundra and it was a really nice place., Oour main aim was to get some peace and space (and for me, sleep!)And we sure did. Read lots of books, snacked on fruit, I slept for the most part of the Saturday, had a swim, went out for dinner both nights - bliss. Terry is kinda used to travelling and staying in motels like that, but it is a bit of a novelty for me, and I relished the time off from housework and kids. And then we came home to FIL having painted Joshua's room - bless him! That is one more room down.
Caitlin is doing well in year one, and having chatted briefly with her teacher, I have been much reasured that she won't be getting ignored cause she is ahead. Mr Wilkins has tested her and said that she is way a head with the year one reading curriculum, so he will borrow library books for her to read, rather than the school readers that she is too advanced for. Also she will be getting some of the higher level sight words and be asked to use them in a sentance, spell them, and write them. He also mentioned setting up a year old extension class for her to go into at various times for more advanced work. I love it! Finally a teacher who wants to challenge her. She really needs it too, and I think that she responds really well to him, always sounds so enthusiatic about what she has learned or done.
JB is getting the strong hand of discipline, simply cause he is a kid who likes to push the boundaries. Whereas Caitlin is the type to try and wheedle her way around discipline, Joshua likes to butt heads with it. So ife gets a little loud here at times! All the same he is adorable and I have been getting some of the best cuddles and kisses from him. And he has even started coming up to me, lofting my shirt and "kissing the baby". Too cute!
Bump girl is doing well, growing and kicking as expected. I have still not really stabilised on my antidepressants and have had a bad 2 weeks, so have had the advice to increae my dose to 30mg. Pretty scary, and I hate doing it, but the alternative of feeling and acting like a was, is worse. I also found out on Friday that I am iron defiicent, so back on the suppliments there. Could be a darned good reason why I have been so draggingly tired recently too. So the blood work is a little off, but nothing too drastic.
Just thought I would end with a few pics from our weekend away - I so want to go back!

The view from our room.

Swimming pool and bar area, surrounded by the lagoon.

Aww!
Cheers all!



4 comments:
Congrats on your first 10 years together! I wish I'd have known you were so close I could have popped down the road to say Hi ...
Sounds like you had a fabulous couple of nights away. Congratulations on your first 10 years together.
hey there you
loved reading your update, your cherubs sound adorable
and a great big congratulations on your 10 year anniversary
i just started on the iron tabs too, i have no energy totally sucks big time and i'm out of my antidepressants too ugh what a combo
no wonder i feel like i have completely lost the plot
take care of you
cass
So glad you had such a great anniversary break away! Congrats on your 10 years too!! I was only a just-turned-20 year old when I got married (Michael was 21) and hey how *wonderful* this whole life been together! It'll be our 20th anniversary this year. :-)
Hugs to you and yur bubba bump!
Chrissy xx
Post a Comment